Last updated: June 28, 2018
2. INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Information Provided by You Upon Creating an Account
When you create and register a user account (“Account”) on the Site, you may be asked to provide or confirm certain pieces of Personal Information, which may include one or more of the following:
- First and last name
- E-mail address
- Educational history
- Current occupation and title
- Employment history
- Demographic information
We may supplement the Personal Information you provide with additional Personal Information we gather from public sources or from third-parties (e.g., consumer reporting agencies) that may lawfully provide such information to us.
You are under no obligation to provide your Personal Information, with the caveat that your refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain of the Site’s features and services. Your information may also be required by a potential employer in order to identify your assessment results with your job application.
Information Provided When You Contact Us
We may collect Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us when you contact us with a question or comment about our Site. We generally collect one or more of the following types of Personal Information when you contact us with a question or comment, or request information from us about our products and services:
- E-mail address
- Phone Number
Passively Collected Information
When you access and use our Site, we may automatically collect and retain certain types of information, including your computer or device’s internet protocol (IP) address and other technical information about your computer or device and website usage, such as your browser type and version, time zone setting, and operating system and platform.
When you take our online assessments (the “Assessments”) on the Site, we also collect and retain your “Assessment Data,” which is defined as information and data collected from your responses, including metadata about your real-time user interaction with the Assessments. After your completion of the Assessments, the Site will review your Assessment Data and generate your specific “Trait Profile,” which contains the Site’s assessment and description of your personality traits.
3. COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES THAT WE USE
- An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your computer or device from our web server or a third-party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Site, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
The above technologies are used in analyzing trends; administering the Site and its features and services; tracking users’ movements around the Site; and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
4. WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- General Uses. We also use the information we collect to manage, analyze, develop, customize, and improve our Site as well as our products and services (including our Assessments).
- Information Provided When You Register an Account and Take Our Assessments. We may use this information to authorize and administer your access to the Site, verify your identity, authenticate your visits, and provide our products and services to you. Personal Information with other Personal Information lawfully collected from third parties in order to better market and provide our products and services.
- Information Provided When You Contact Us. We may use this information to understand and respond to your question or comment.
- Passively Collected Information. We use passively collected information to monitor and maintain the performance of our Sites; analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our services; validate users and ensure their technological compatibility with users; optimize our marketing efforts; and to provide our products and services to you, including analyzing your Assessment Data and developing your Trait Profile.
- Aggregate Data. We may use aggregate our user’s Personal Information and passively-collected information to create aggregate data which cannot be used to identify you (“Aggregate Data”). For example, Aggregate Data may include data that describes the general demographics, usage, Assessment Data, or other characteristics of a Site’s users. We reserve the right to use, transfer, and/or sell Aggregate Data about the Site’s users for any lawful purposes. We also reserve the right to use such aggregate information in collaboration with outside researchers to measure and quantify the effectiveness of our products and services.
- Incumbent Employees. If you were directed to visit the Site, create an Account (or to sign into your existing Account), and take the Assessment by your current employer, then we may use your information to create a talent assessment model for a specific role at your current employer. In such a scenario, you would be deemed an “Incumbent Employee.”
- Job Candidates. If you were directed to visit the Site, create an Account (or to sign into your existing Account), and take the Assessment as part of the job application process for a specific employer, then we may use your information to assess your fit to a specific role(s) at this employer. In such a scenario, you would be deemed an “Job Candidate.”
- Other Purpose. We may use your information for any additional purpose which you separately authorize in the course of accessing and using our Site.
5. WITH WHOM WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Information of our users is an integral part of our business. We reserve the right to share your Personal Information with third parties as described below. We also reserve the right to transfer and/or sell other types of data, including aggregate or de-identified data derived from Personal Information, for lawful purposes in our discretion. Note that we do not share Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
- Service Providers. We, like many businesses, sometimes hire other companies (“Service Providers”) to perform certain business-related functions. Examples include customer service, maintaining databases, data storage, cloud services, and hosting services. When we employ a Service Provider to perform a function of this nature, we provide it with the information that it needs to perform its specific function, which may include Personal Information and other information that you provide to us via the Site. These Service Providers are authorized to use your information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Legal Requirements. We may disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with a subpoena or similar legal obligation; (b) protect and defend our rights or property; (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public; (d) protect against legal liability; or (e) or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
- Job Candidates. If you were directed to visit the Site, create an Account, and take the Assessment as part of the job application process for a specific employer, then we share your Personal Information and Trait Profile with this employer and any third party that is pertinent to the employment application process.
- Business Transfers. As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, total or partial sale of assets in bankruptcy or similar event, your Personal Information and other information may be part of the transferred assets.
- Other Third Parties. We may disclose your information to other third parties with your prior express consent.
You hereby consent to our sharing of your Personal Information and other information for the above purposes.
6. YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
Our Opt-out Policy
We may send you notifications and communications using the email address you provided to us when you registered your Account. To stop receiving some or all email communications from us, you can use your Account settings to edit your email preferences. Alternatively, you can use the “unsubscribe” mechanism provided in the email communication
We will also send you service-related email announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email. You do not have an option to opt out of these emails, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive these announcements, you have the option to deactivate your account.
Accessing, Correcting, and Updating Your Information
You may access, correct, and update most of your Personal Information under the Account Settings tab of your Account profile. You may also email us at email@example.com with information necessary for us to process your request. We will respond to your request within a 30 days. We may need to verify your identity before granting access to Personal Information in our custody or control.
Deactivating Your Account
You may deactivate your account by sending a deactivation request in Privacy Requests area under Account Settings. You may also deactivate your Account emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the email address.
A deactivated Account does not mean that all of the information associated with your Account is expunged from our systems, although such information will now no longer be readily available to you. We will respond to your request within a 30 days.
Deleting Your Information
You may delete your account by sending a deletion request in Privacy Requests area under Account Settings. You also may request to delete your Personal Information by emailing us at email@example.com with information necessary for us to process your request. Note that any deletion request will be subject to our Retention Policy below. We will respond to your request within a 30 days.
Downloading Your Information
You may download your personal data by sending a data request in Privacy Requests area under Account Settings. You also may request to download your Personal Information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with information necessary for us to process your request. Note that any deletion request will be subject to our Retention Policy below. We will respond to your request within a 30 days.
Our Retention Policy
We may retain your information for as long as your Account is active or as long as necessary to provide you with our services, comply with our legal obligations and regulatory requirements, preserve and protect our rights as allowed by law, resolve disputes, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, and enforce our agreements (including our End User Agreement).
Upon your request to delete information associated with your Account, our retention policy differs depending whether you last took the Assessment as a Job Candidate:
- If you took the Assessment as a Job Candidate: If you were directed to visit the Site, create an Account (or sign into your existing Account), and take the Assessment as part of the job application process for a specific employer, then, in accordance with our obligations and requirements under local law, we must retain your information for a period of 2 years following the end of the hiring cycle of which you took part. As a result, if you request deletion of any information prior to this 2-year anniversary, we must wait until the 2-year period has passed, after which we will process your deletion request. If you request deletion of any of information after this 2-year anniversary, then we will process your request upon 10 business days of receipt.
- If you took the Assessment as an Incumbent Employee: If you were directed to visit the Site, create an Account (or sign into your existing Account), and take the Assessment as directed by your current employer, then, in accordance with our obligations and requirements under local law, we must retain your information for a period of 2 years following the end of the hiring cycle of which you took part. As a result, if you request deletion of any information prior to this 2-year anniversary, we must wait until the 2-year period has passed, after which we will process your deletion request. If you request deletion of any of information after this 2-year anniversary, then we will process your request upon 10 business days of receipt.
Even if we are obligated to retain certain information, once you deactivate your Account or request to deletion of your Personal Information, your Personal Information will cease being visible to third parties through our Site.
As discussed above, we may aggregate our user’s Personal Information and other information to create de-personalized Aggregate Data which cannot be used to identify you. We will retain such Aggregate Data even after any Personal Information deletion requests have been processed.
Other Websites. Our Site may contain links to third-party owned and/or operated websites or mobile applications. We do not own nor control these third-party websites or mobile applications, and accordingly assume no responsibility for the information practices of those sites or apps. We suggest that you review their privacy, security, and data collection and distribution policies, if any, prior to providing such websites or apps with any information.
Blogs and Public Features of the Sites. Our Site may contain features, e.g. blogs, chat rooms, community forums, sharing functions, etc., that permit you to upload, post, transmit, display, perform, or distribute content and information, including your Personal Information. Any information that you choose to disclose by means of such features becomes public information over which we are unable to exercise control. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose information by means of such features, and you agree to assume all responsibility for doing so.
Single Sign-On. You can create an Account using sign-in services such as LinkedIn or various ATS platforms. This service will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain Personal Information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign-up form. Please note that your relationship with LinkedIn, or any other third-party ATS platform or website is governed solely by your agreement with such third-party website.
Security. The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We take commercially reasonable steps to help protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. For example, we use one or more of secure socket layer (SSL) encryption, firewalls, and self-updating anti-virus software. Your Personal Information will be stored in the United States and will be subject to laws applicable in that country. However, no company can fully eliminate security risks, so we cannot make guarantees about any part of our services. Please create a unique password for your Account and do not share your password with anyone else.
Minors. Visitors under 18 years of age are not permitted to use and/or submit their Personal Information at the Site. We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from visitors under 18 years of age. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children and to participate and monitor the interactive activities of their children.
9 Munroe Avenue, Watertown MA 02472